When it comes to traditional medicinal branches and home remedies practiced in a lot of Asian countries including India, Castor oil can be found quite effective for the health of your hair.
However, there is not much scientific evidence and studies supporting the effect of castor oil in promoting hair growth. Apart from their stimulating effects on hair growth, it is also said that they can be quite beneficial in making your eyebrows and eyelashes grow with the best thickness.
However, in this article, we will let you know the role of castor oil in helping hair growth and scalp health in general. We have also tried to include some of the best ways to use castor oil for hair growth.
Benefits Of Castor Oil For Hair And Scalp
With the regular application of castor oil, you may stimulate the speed of your hair growth. And fix scalp health issues such as dandruff, itching, and other kinds of inflammations. It is also possible to condition your hair strands really well since it is quite moisturizing.
It is also possible to add that lustrous shine to your hair with the application of this oil. Castor oil is a derived product from a type of bean called castor beans. These beans are a rich source of fatty acid called ricinoleic acid. It is this acid that is responsible for making castor oil strong with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Some Benefits Of Castor Oil Are:
- Castor oil is believed to increase the blood circulation to the scalp region. Improved blood circulation can obviously help good hair growth. By catering to all the essential nutrients required by the hair for its growth.
- Another important feature of castor oil is that, even if it needs to be treated in your hair regularly, the frequency per month is quite low. So it would be easier for you to maintain a consistent routine without fail. Even if you apply this oil once a month, it may benefit you with all that has been desired from the same.
- The intense moisturization provided by castor oil is another vital benefit provided by the same. Even if you are suffering from a dry scalp or dry strands, this oil may help you deal with it. This is due to the thick consistency of the oil when compared with the rest of the oil types available in the market. However, this property of castor can make it quite difficult to wash it off from your hair.
- This oil is also rich in its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Hence it can easily keep the scalp squeaky clean just within a single massage and wash. It may also help in keeping the scalp resistant to any kind of infection for a couple of weeks.
- Not just on the scalp, you may also apply it on your eyebrows and eyelashes just as mentioned above. Hair growth in those regions would also be promoted with the application of castor oil.
- Castor oil also strongly fights against the destructive process called oxidative stress happening inside the body. It is the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the oil that are responsible for this. These strength points help in flushing out the free radicals from the body. And prevent any sort of cell damage that can lead to intense hair fall and worsening of the scalp’s health.
- Since this oil is also a rich source of Omega 6 fatty acids, it possesses a strong capacity to promote hair growth in individuals.
The Right Way To Use It
If you wish to apply the same, do a patch test before. Try applying some drops to a particular region of your scalp and wash it off after a couple of hours. If you do not experience any kind of side effects, you may easily use it on your entire scalp. It is better to dilute the oil with any lighter oils. Also a few drops of essential oil to cancel out the smell.
So these are the characteristic benefits of castor oil and the mechanisms through which it helps or facilitates hair growth, scalp issues, and so on. No matter how natural the oil is, you might not be tolerant of certain products. Hence it is important not to miss out on the patch test part before using.