Dry Scalp Treatment is a common hair problem. Most people often find ways to get rid of it but unfortunately fail. It is usually accompanied by itching and flakiness. Treating dry scalp involves using products and following practices that help restore moisture and lusciousness to the hair.
How To Treat Dry Scalp?
There are various ways to deal with dry scalps. Some of them include-
- Use a Moisturizing Shampoo– Look for shampoos for dry and sensitive scalps. These shampoos often contain moisturizing ingredients like glycerin or hyaluronic acid which retains the moisture in the hair.
- Avoid Hot Water– Hot water can dry the scalp and the hair. Opt for lukewarm or coll water while shampooing and rinsing your hair. This will prevent the natural oils from being washed away as well.
- Limit Shampoo Frequency– Washing your hair frequently can be catastrophic for your hair. Shampooing should be limited to 2-3 days depending on the dirt accumulated in your hair as well as the nature of the hair you have.
- Use a Conditioner– Shampoos when applied on their own can be quite drying for the hair which is not an ideal situation. Conditioners not only soften your hair but also help bring out its natural glow. This reduces frizziness.
- Scalp Massage– You can do this by gently pressing your fingers on the scalp and letting the natural oils.
- Oil Treatments– Jojoba oil, almond oil, argan oil, and coconut oil are all excellent choices to be applied to the hair if you want to reduce the dryness of your scalp. Besides being hydrating, these oils can revive the lost oils in your hair which can enhance its growth as well.
- Avoid Harsh Hair Products– Always read the ingredients before using used on the hair. This could be styling products like colors or straightening creams, Make sure the heating products are also used to a minimum. Always use a pre-heating spray to contain the damage caused to the hair.
How Is Dry Scalp Treatment Beneficial For Hair Growth?
By treating your dry scalp you could be helping your hair to grow into those long tresses you have always imagined about. But how? The reasons are as follows
- Moisture Balance– Like most parts, hair also requires moisture to grow or flourish. When we treat our scalp properly, the hydrated environment helps the hair follicles to sustain in a healthy environment suitable for hair growth.
- Reduction in Itchiness and Irritation– Irritation and itchiness can be disturbing. However, it hinders hair growth. To prevent it, you might have to consider treating the scalp properly. The irritation in the hair can lead to weaker roots and it may fall off faster than you anticipated.
- Scalp Health and Follicular Strength– Contrary to popular belief, hair never grows from the tips but requires a healthy scalp in which it can keep itself rooted. A supportive scalp provides good nourishment for hair follicles to thrive in.
- Enhanced Blood Circulation– Though we have no pain sensors on the hair, blood circulation is fairly crucial to the development of hair. Receiving adequate oxygen, blood and other nutrients that we include in our diet needs to find their way towards the scalp and when this happens, Hair growth could be faster than you anticipated.
- Balance sebum Production– Sebum is the natural oil produced by hair. Most dry scalp treating products concentrate on producing this oil or in other enhance its secretion. Either way, sebum production has a significant role in determining whether the scalp is neither too dry nor too oily.
- Improved Hair Elasticity– Dry and brittle hair breaks too often. If you use a proper scalp hydrating product, it should restore the moisture in your hair shaft and help with its elasticity or flexibility. This means the hair could extend longer without being lost or being broken too easily.
It might not be as fast as you think it will be. A lot of times, it takes a while to find the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair that can promote hair growth immensely. In such cases, you must be patient as well as consistent and improve your diet.