Looking for easy and simple hairstyles for school?
Are you bored or tired of being stuck with one hairstyle all school year? We got you!
If you have difficulty finding hair inspirations or you need a hairstyle that can be done in minutes to make your mornings easier and so you don’t run late for school, keep scrolling.
Easy School Hairstyles For Girls: The Top 12 Cute Hairstyle Ideas For School
Whether it’s the start of a new year, or you are looking for everyday hairstyles to stay elegant, this article will show you the top 12 easy hairstyles for school and how to style them yourself.
1. Messy Bun
The messy bun is quick and easy to style. If you are having late mornings, this hairstyle is quick and effortless while giving you a clean and classy look.
How to style:
- Pack your hair into a high or low ponytail, and hold it strongly with a hair tie or band.
- Then twist and tuck the extending hair around the base of the ponytail. You can use Bobby pins to secure any loose strands of the hair.
2. High Ponytail
The high ponytail hairstyle is classic and versatile elevates your looks and gives you elegance. It’s ideal for a night out, the workplace, sports, and education. It’s also surprisingly simple to make and adaptable to your style.
How to style:
- Start by moisturizing and untangling your hair
- Straighten your hair and then gather it into a high ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Secure the ponytail with a clear elastic band.
- Then, use hairspray to smooth down any flyaways.
3. Space Bun
Space Bun is a famous hairstyle among women, and has been seen among celebrities like Bella Hadid and Lizzo. It’s a simple style of the hair divided into two buns separated at least 4 inches apart. How to style:
- Moisturize and comb your hair to untangle
- Divide your hair into two equal sections, one on each side of the part.
- Gather one section of hair at the crown of your head and secure it with a hair tie. Repeat on the other side to create two high pigtails.
- Make sure the pigtails are symmetrical and placed where you want the center of each space bun.
- Take one pigtail and twist the hair around the base to form a bun. Secure it in place with bobby pins, ensuring it’s tight and secure.
- Repeat the process with the second pigtail, making sure both buns are positioned evenly on either side of the part.
- Spray the hair to keep it shiny and moisturized.
4. Half Updo Bun
A famous nomadic style and is seen in movies by travelers and emo characters. Half updo bun will suit your personality if you’re a fan of the nomadic lifestyle and you identify as an emo/ goth.
How to style:
- Using a comb, Part your hair horizontally, separating the top section from the bottom.
- Secure the bottom section with a hair tie or clip to keep it out of the way while you work on the top.
- Take the top section of your hair and gather it into a high ponytail at the crown of your head. Use a hair tie to secure it tightly.
- Divide the ponytail into two sections. Take one section, twist it gently, and wrap it around the base of the ponytail, creating a bun. Secure the end with bobby pins.
- Repeat the twisting and wrapping process with the second section, ensuring both buns are even and secure.
5. Spiked Pixie
The spiked pixie hairstyle is a bold and stylish choice for people who want to make a statement. The hairstyle is easy to style and maintain, looks great on all face shapes, and can be dressed up or down.
Here’s how you can style a spiked pixie:
- Start by washing and conditioning your hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner. Towel-dry to remove excess moisture.
- Apply a generous amount of hair gel, wax, or mousse to your damp hair. Use your fingers to create the spikes, blow dry and you’re all done!
6. Back Brush Hairstyle
This hairstyle is one way to rock your medium-length hair to school if you have one.
To achieve this beautiful style:
- Moisturize and brush all your hair back to remove any tangles.
- Grab some hair from the front and sides of your forehead and section it from the rest of the hair.
- Then, brush it back and secure this layer with bobby pins or a fashionable hair band.
7. Crown Braid Hairstyle
If you have a school party, crown braids are perfect for a queen look! To style:
- Divide the hair in the center and start from the back.
- Braid the sections from the back and bring them towards your forehead.
- Place the braids on the middle of your forehead to form a crown and secure it with Bobby pins. You’re all set!
8. Loose Curly Updo
This hairstyle is a way to show off your curls while having the simplicity and ease of a hair bun.
To create this style:
- First, moisturize your hair properly.
- Using a hair tie, gather your hair at the top of your head in a ponytail.
- At the base of the ponytail, loosely pin a few random sections of hair to resemble a bun. You can still show off your curls while having the simplicity and ease of a hair bun.
Bonus point; this hairstyle is a cute option for prom night.
9. Rope Braid
A rope braid is a simple, neat, and elegant hairstyle for young girls. To achieve a rope braid:
- Get her your hair into a high ponytail
- Moisturize and brush it properly to avoid any tangling.
- Then, braid or twist the hair till the end. Secure it firmly with a hair elastic.
10. Twist Through Ponytail
This few minutes back-to-school hairstyle is perfect for both lazy mornings and when you’re running late. To achieve this style:
- Make a low ponytail with your hair and hold it firmly with an elastic.
- Going a few inches down the hair, tie another elastic and pull the hair to form a small ball.
- Repeat the last step with a third elastic and spray the hair to keep it shiny!
11. French Braids
French braids never go out of style! To style French braids,
- Divide your hair into three portions.
- Then starting at your hairline, make each section into braids, taking care not to pull any one section too tightly.
- Proceed to the ends, slanting it to one side, and secure it at the base using a hair band.
12. Hair Bow
This hairstyle never goes out of fashion and is appropriate for school girls. It’s easy to do, elegant and cute. To achieve this style:
- Grab a hairspray and put it all over your hair, then gather your hair into a high ponytail using an elastic hair band
- Pull the middle part of the pony through the elastic to make a loop, leaving the loose ends of the hair to fall on your forehead.
- Separate the loops to make a bow. Use the loose end of the hair to create a hollow, forming a center knot in the bow.
- Tug the bow gently to make it fuller and you’re all set!
Whether you need a quick and easy hairstyle for the day, or you are just looking to jazz up your school look, the hairstyles in this article will serve as inspo and are quite simple and achievable once you follow our guide.