Rosemary is a plant grown in the Mediterranean region endowed with tremendous health benefits and famously known to be highly active. Around the world, Rosemary has been hyped to be effective for supporting brain function, hair growth, blood circulation, and boosting the immune system.
Rosemary comes in a pattern of water and oil. Though the same plants, rosemary oil has more benefits than rosemary water when used for hair growth. This article will elaborate on rosemary oil and rosemary water similarities and differences.
Rosemary Oil Benefits
Rosemary oil has been scientifically proven to bear the major potential component of the plant. This oil is embedded with numerous benefits and they are as follows:
- It is an antidote to memory loss, lack of concentration, and overthinking. Researchers have shown that rosemary oil helps to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine. It has been proven to improve brain function in older people suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can help in recovering hair loss. For instance, those suffering from androgenetic alopecia better known as male pattern baldness have reported witnessing an increase in their hair. All that is required is to rub the product on your scalp.
- This wonderfully made plant can be a great source of pain relief. Study reveals that rosemary oil is more effective than over-the-counter drugs when used to treat people with pains.
- It repels some specific blood-sucking insects that can spread harmful viruses and bacteria which will be detrimental to health. This amazing oil works as a natural pesticide that kills some specific insects.
- It can help reduce stress and anxiety when going through exam stress.
- It can help solve the problem of blood circulation.
- It combats tissue inflammation that can lead to swelling, pain, and stiffness.
Benefits Of Rosemary Water
Water made from rosemary is specifically used for the treatment of Androgenic alopecia and hair loss or thinning hair.
- Used for Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia: This is a disturbing problem mostly facing men that causes pattern baldness.
- Used for the Treatment of Hair Loss: This is a perfect product for those experiencing thinning problems during old age can use this product for restoration of the baldness
Rosemary Oil And Rosemary Water, Which Is More Effective For Hair?
Rosemary water is said to have a lower concentration of active compounds and is not as effective as rosemary oil in terms of promoting healthy hair growth. It has also been observed that those with dry scalp will better enjoy using rosemary oil while those who have greasy roots can use rosemary water.
Rosemary water or rosemary oil both can be used for hair treatment and both work just fine. They both perform the function of restoring hair loss.
There has been more hype on the oil as being more effective, more purer, and more potent. Scientifically rosemary oil has been proven highly effective.
Rosemary water has the renowned benefits of boosting hair growth, improving scalp health, and strengthening.
Who Should Avoid Rosemary Oil?
Despite having excellent benefits, there is a certain group of people who should steer clear of using rosemary oil.
Rosemary oil may not be safe for the following group of people:
- Pregnant woman
- Nursing mothers
- Epileptic patient
- High blood pressure.
The list of people above has been stated to avoid roseMary oil.
Side Effects Of RoseMary Oil/Water?
Irrespective of its tremendous benefits, few side effects accompany it.
- Skin Irritation
- It Causes Itching and Discomfort
- It is Not Safe for Pregnant and Nursing Mothers
- Scalp Irritation
- It Can Cause Dry Brittle Strands
- It Can Lead to Allergic Reactions like Itching, Swelling, or Hives on the Scalp
- It Can Cause Sunburn or Skin Damage.
The worst part of the side effect is when rosemary is taken excessively. It can cause stomach and intestinal irritation and kidney damage.
Rosemary water and oil are both effective but mostly roseMary oil has more active components than rosemary water. The rosemary generally has a scented fragrance that’s aromatic to food, and so can be used for cooking.
The rosemary water has been taken orally by some people but has a few side effects. Whichever pattern you choose, rosemary oil water is essential for numerous health benefits; mostly effective for hair growth.