A nail trend refers to a fashionable or popular style that gains widespread recognition and gets adopted within and outside the fashion industry. Nail trends are not just limited to colors but also art, techniques, shapes, and finishes. These trends are influenced by the season as well as culture and individual preferences. Our celebrities do play a major part in promoting what’s in style and what’s not.
Why Nail Trends Have Become So Popular?
Nail trends have become popular for various reasons and are considered to be a major aspect of styling. This is because they are mean-
- Self-Expression – Nails are often used by individuals to express their personalities, moods, and personal style. Considering the whole door of possibilities it opens, nail art is so chic.
- Affordability– Compared to other styling accessories, nails are pretty cheap. You could get a paint or two and even make a few designs with pins or squares. Moreover, stick-on nails are not very expensive to buy either.
- Temporary and Changeable– It is one of the few body modifications that can be altered. If you like a color paint it, if you don’t you could wipe it right off.
- Wellness and Self-Care– With the times changing, people are giving a lot of importance to self-love and this routine also includes painting one’s nails.
Winter Nail Trends 2023
The rise of social media and nail artists has made it easier for nail artists and enthusiasts to share their creations with a wide audience. The latest winter nail trends that are both popular among celebrities and being showcased on TikTok include-
- Chrome French Manicure– A chrome French manicure takes the classic manicure to the next level. This is done by replacing the white tip with a reflective, chrome metallic finish which gives your nail an edgy and futuristic look.
- Sheer Shimmer– As its name suggests, it has a simple base coat, preferably a translucent one that is highlighter with a shimmery top coat.
- Chocolate Brown– This is a revival because chocolate brown nails in their matte glory are never a dull choice.
- Black Nails– Black nails are a timeless and dramatic choice. The glossy finish of black nails is both chic and bold making it versatile.
- Starburst– It includes making star-shaped designs in nude-colored nails with metallic or subtle colors to make them pop out.
- Minimalistic Metallic Nail Art– It includes drawing geometric shapes in metallic hues on a monochromatic base. Along with elegance and sophistication, it also lights up your look.
- Velvet Nails– Special powder is used to create a velvety look that is both cozy and luxurious to see.
- Icy and Frosted Nails- Light blue nail paints with a frosted or matte finish can give your nails a cool and wintery appearance.
- Classic Red Nails– A timeless option for the winter, a classic red manicure or sultry tone can never go out of style.
- Jewel-Toned Nails– Rich jewel tones like emerald, sapphire, and amethyst can add a touch of luxury to your winter nail look.
Related Article: Brittle Nails? These 6 Nail Strengtheners Have Got You Covered!
Tips To Stand Out With The Winter Nail Trends
- Always Mix and Match– Combine different trends such as deep jewel tones with metallic accents or minimalistic geometric patterns with matte finish.
- Nail Shapes– Experiment with different nail shapes including almonds, stilettos, or coffins to give the trend a distinctive look.
- Accent Nails– Create intricate designs or bold color nail designs to draw some attention to a specific nail of your choice.
- Unique Nail Work- You could take the help of a nail technician and create a custom design that goes with the winter theme.
- Accessorize– Consider adding studs, rhinestones, or charms to make your nail pop up.
- Seasonal Styling– Pair them with seasonal outfits and make them stand out to create a coordinated and stand-out look.
The key to understanding your winter nail trend is creativity and personalization. Make your nail look like your own and it will naturally draw attention and make a bold statement. You could also look up to your celebrities or fashion magazines to choose matching clothes to get a charming look. Mix and match, beautify it, and see how magic lands on the tips.