Skin is the largest organ in our body. It is the thing that determines our choices about everything. People are extremely sensitive when it comes to their skin. Even a minor blemish freaks us too and as it is literally what we see everywhere, we can’t be blamed.
Unfortunately, several things can go wrong with one’s skin and this blog will talk about one of them-Skin tags. We will be discussing some remedies for you to get rid of those from your body easily.
What Is A Skin Tag?
As per medical journals, skin tags can be defined as the accumulated masses of skin that can be found on the body. This usually forms around necks, hands, armpits, and upper torso.
Most of them are particularly dormant which means they do not pose any threat nor do they hurt us. However, it is advised to check out those in case something gets serious.
Types Of Skin Tags
They can be of different kinds depending on their shape and sizes.
- Acrochordon -Those are benign growths that can be found especially in areas where skins join.
- Papilloma – It can be classified as a skin growth that is usually cancer-free. It spreads from one infected individual to another through sexual contact.
- Fibromas – This is caused due to a skin irritation one might develop against a medicine.
- Pedunculated – With a long stem rooted in the skin this one usually protrudes out.
- Filiform – Generally translated into soft, the skin tags are usually very fragile and are negligent to be noticed.
What Are The Causes For Skin Tags
- Obesity – This one brings a lot of trouble to the table and is also a cause for the skin’s collagen to accumulate.
- Pregnancy – When one is pregnant, they go through many hormonal changes and as a result, some can see skin tags pop up on their skin.
- Diabetes – An increase or decrease in one’s Insulin levels makes us vulnerable to many things. Skin tags are also one of them.
- Genes – New research has surfaced which bring about the relevance of gene in their presence in our body.
- Cancer – Though not quite common, it may sometimes digress into skin cancers and lesions.
3 Natural Remedies For The Skin Tags Removal
✅ Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is included in all our skin care lotions, creams, and even face washes. It has all kinds of anti-oxidants and anti-allergens that make it ideal for skin allergies and irritations.
All you have to do is dip a cotton ball or a clean cloth in tea tree oil and place it on the skin tag. Do it more than once. After a while, the tag will detach.
✅ Apple Cider Vinegar
We all know how fitness freaks are crazy about this magic potion. Turns out it works perfectly to get rid of skin tags as well. You can follow the procedure you followed with the tea tree oil.
✅ Banana Peel
Now you can eat a banana and use its peel too. Bananas are full of nutrients so is their every part which means you can tie the peel onto the tag and use it until you get a positive result.
When To Visit The Doctor?
You should visit the doctor if the skin tag changes its shade and size. This should be happening in a short period of time and may even hinder your daily activities. In some cases, it may bleed and even be very painful. Make sure you talk to your healthcare provider about all the symptoms in such an instance.
? Chemical Options
There are also creams and lotions available for you to use that help the tags fall off. While the result might be instant, your skin could have a scar or sometimes react poorly to the chemicals. Some also suggest using Iodine to help accelerate the process.
? Surgical Options
This is usually performed by your skin doctor. Though it is a minor surgery it includes the risk associated with any common ones. Some of the procedures are-
- Freeze the tags off
- Burn them off
- Use a power source to burn it off
- Cut open and remove
Try the remedies out and let us know how it works for you!