Hair is pretty and we would do everything in our might to preserve it. But when we talk about body hairs, things get a bit complicated. Don’t get us wrong. There is nothing wrong with body hair but looking from an aesthetic perspective, it could be possible that some people would want to get rid of hair, especially from their legs. This can help you showcase your svelte silhouette which you couldn’t wait to flaunt at the next beach party. So we will be telling you everything about hair removal on legs.
Read on to learn something better than what you already do.
Why Is Hair Removal From Legs Necessary?
There is no question about its necessity as many people are cool with body hair but there are some reasons why you might want to get them off. They include-
For beauty: The beauty of your legs could be elevated by shaving off the hair on your legs. When you are wearing a knee-length outfit, it could give you the look you want.
Easier makeup application: Some people prefer applying contour on their legs and if you want the makeup to stay in, you may want to shave them off.
Medical purposes: This could happen if you have a scheduled surgery, hair should be removed from the area.
Dressing wounds: In case you have a wound on your leg, dressing it or applying ointment with hair on could be clumsy and that is why you might want to remove the hair on it.
For tattooing: Before tattooing, it is essential that you remove hair since it could hinder the process of inking.
How To proceed with hair removal on the legs?
There are several ways by which you could remove hair on your legs especially when the science has gone so far. Some of those ways could be
- Shaving: Shaving is the most basic method you could use to remove the hair on your legs. Razors could give you a smooth surface and the shine you might want. However, cuts can be pretty normal when it comes to using a shaving set and therefore you might want to be careful. Additionally, some people also develop hives as an allergic reaction to shaving and even have ingrown hair growth.
- Waxing: This is also an inexpensive form of hair removal and includes applying wax on your body and pulling. Nevertheless, it can be painful but the hairs are removed from the root so chances of regrowing are pretty thin than shaving. Your pain threshold should be high to sit through your waxing appointment.
- Epilation: Epilators are devices that are used to remove hairs again by the method of pulling by their root. These are battery-operated and are quite popular when you want a quick shave when you are out of time. These are a bit expensive when compared to the other two and can be painful for some individuals.
- Depilatory cream: Again one of the most preferred ways to remove hair, creams are applied on the legs and left for 5 minutes. After a while, they are wiped off with water or a spatula and there is the perfect look you wanted. However, like shaving, these creams only remove hair from the outside and there is a chance the regrowth could be pretty fast and the hair could be coarser. Allergies are also not a far-fetched idea either so a patch test is a must.
- Laser removal: Light therapy using laser is slowly gaining traction as it is more of a permanent solution to the problems of body hair. In 2-3 sittings, the whole of the body hair is lasered from its roots along with the follicles so that regrowth seems to be impossible. However, the laser removal method can often cost an arm and a leg and therefore might not be for everyone as follow-ups are also necessary.
- Electrolysis: This method includes destroying the hair follicles by inserting them deeper into your skin and taking them out. Though immensely affect, it is only for the posh as it is expensive than laser. It is painful as you could know from the procedure and can even lead to bleeding and bumps on the skin if not done properly. A trained professional is a must to do these cosmetic procedures without which it could end up being a disaster.
Tips To Follow During Hair Removal On Legs
Certain things should be taken care of when you are removing hair on your legs like-
- Preparing the skin: It is important to prepare your skin before removing the hair. Ensure there are no open wounds that are left untreated as it can cause gangrene.
- Choose the right method: It is important to choose the method that suits you the best. It could be anything and should depend on the goals you have to achieve.
- Test: Never go in blind without doing a patch test. Wait for 24 hours and if you feel itchy consult a doctor and go with an alternate option.
- Use quality products: Never use cheap products or tools to shave hair from your legs as they could cause infection and skin burns that are beyond repair.
- Follow instructions: Always follow the instructions given by the professional or those written on the product.
- Maintain hygiene: You should always maintain hygiene when getting your hair removed from your girls.
Hair removal on legs is no mammoth task if performed correctly. You should be careful about the steps you follow when removing hair from your legs. Though it is a personal choice to remove it or not, when doing it, it should be done carefully.
If something works for someone there is almost no chance that it won’t work for you. Therefore find your needs and listen to your body before doing anything to it. It shouldn’t be under pressure from anywhere as you are beautiful the way you are. Moreover, it should suit your budget and goal as well and make you feel better.