Fruits are a delicious and healthy snack to have and a great source of nutrition that you can munch on. But in addition to that, did you know that it could be a great substitute for your daily face masks and a good addition to your skincare routine?
Fruits You Can Incorporate Into Your Daily Routine
Given below are the fruits you could incorporate into both your diet and your skincare routine.
Papaya has a number of benefits and is a common ingredient in skin care products like face washes. Papaya facial is still one of the most popular facials available in parlors for their properties that can help in the betterment of your skin.
It can keep the skin moisturized and hydrated due to its moisturizing properties. The papain content in papaya helps with collagen production which is important for youthful-looking skin.
It is packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and other antioxidants which are great for giving the skin a glow, hydrating it, and slowing the aging process.
The chymopapain and papain enzymes can reduce inflammation and exfoliate the skin making it a good ingredient to fight acne.
It can lighten the skin, reduce pigmentation and fade dark spots. It can be taken raw, cooked, or ripe and the pulp can be applied to the skin.
How To Use Papaya
- Incorporating a bowl of chopped papayas or a glass of papaya smoothie into your diet can give you a boost of nutrients.
- Mashed papaya can be applied directly onto the skin with or without other ingredients like almond oil, turmeric, lemon juice, etc.
Cucumbers fall into the category of fruits and are one of the most hydrating of all. It is rich in vitamin C and vitamin K both of which are important for glowing skin.
It can maintain healthy sebum levels and unclog pores. It can help in preventing acne and other skin problems. It can help in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and help in newer cell growth. It can moisturize the skin and leave it hydrated.
How To Use Cucumber
- Eating cucumber every day can help provide essential nutrients to keep the skin healthy.
- Grated cucumber can be added with gram flour or milk and applied to the skin.
Lemon is another fruit that is commonly used in skincare products for its numerous benefits. It is rich in vitamin C which can help in reducing hyperpigmentation, scarring, and acne. It helps with sun damage and tanning.
How To Use Lemon
- Lemon juice and honey mixed with water can be taken in the morning to provide numerous benefits.
- Lemon juice can also be added to salads and curries.
The vitamin C content in oranges can make the skin look radiant and glowing. It can also improve collagen production and can keep the skin tight and firm. It also has antioxidant properties.
How To Use Oranges
- You can incorporate oranges into your diet by either taking them raw or taking them as a juice.
- Apply orange juice on dark spots to fade pigmentation.
The lycopene content in tomatoes and its antioxidant properties can protect the skin from damage caused by the sun. it regulates sebum production and helps with premature aging.
How To Use Tomatoes
- It can be eaten raw, as juice, or cooked
- Tomato puree mixed with lemon juice can exfoliate and give the skin a glow
- Tomato puree mixed with 2 teaspoons of turmeric can lighten your skin.
Banana has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. It is packed with vitamins A, C, K, and E and improves skin health. They are good moisturizing agents and can soothe the skin and prevent dry and flaky skin. It has fibrous content and can help improve the digestive system which also contributes to skin health.
How To Use Banana
- It can be taken as a smoothie or just as it is.
- Mashed bananas can be applied to the skin to leave it soft and hydrated.
Fruits are the storehouse of nutrients and minerals. They are essential for the body to be healthy inside out. The nutrients present in these fruits can benefit the various functions inside the body and contribute to keeping them strong and healthy, as well as helping the skin achieve a natural glow. Healthy skin, however, can be achieved in the long term only if you follow a healthy and nutritious diet while following a good lifestyle.