Facial spots refer to discolorations or irregularities on the skin’s surface, often appearing as darker and lighter areas than the surrounding skin. These spots can manifest in various forms and have different causes.
However, removing them is no easy task and might even take a village or two. Those who are averse to chemical anecdotes might want to try their hands at some natural ones.
What Are The Common Types Of Spots On The Face and What Are The Causes?
Common Types Of Facial Spots Include
- Acne Blemishes- Pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, or cysts resulting from the clogging of hair follicles with oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria.
- Hyperpigmentation- Darker patches or spots on the skin caused by the overproduction of Melanin. This can result from sun exposure, inflammation, or, hormonal changes.
- Sunspots or Age Spots- Small, flat, darkened areas on the skin are often caused by prolonged exposure to UV rays, leading to increased melanin production.
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation- Dark spots that develop after the healing of skin inflammation or injury, such as acne, cuts, or burns.
Common Causes Of Facial Spots Include
Facial spots can be caused by a variety of factors, and their appearance may vary depending on the underlying cause. Some reasons include-
- Acne- The blockage of hair follicles with dirt and oil, hormonal changes, excess oil production, and bacterial infection can lead to acne which causes facial spots.
- Sun Exposure- UV lights could trigger a lot of facial spots as well.
- Obesity- Freckles or other skin spots could emerge if you are fat-skinned.
- Skin Infections- In many cases, the reason could be as simple as bacterial or viral infection that could escalate.
How To Remove Spots From Your Face in 2 Days Naturally?
Natural remedies can be beneficial for the improvement of facial spots and in some cases even get rid of them altogether.
1. Milk- Milk contains lactic acid, which is an alpha-hydroxy acid. AHAs are known for their ability to exfoliate the skin by breaking down the bonds between dead cells. This exfoliation can help improve the skin’s texture and appearance. Lactic Acid also has moisturizing properties which can keep the skin hydrated.
To use milk as a natural remedy for facial spots, you can soak a cotton ball in milk and apply it to your face. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse your face with water. Along with removing dead skin cells, it can unclog pores and clear your skin.
2. Masoor Dal(Lentils)- Masoor Dal is a popular ingredient in natural skincare due to its gentle exfoliating properties. To create a mask, mix masoor dal powder with water or rose water to make a paste. Apply this paste to your face and allow it to dry. Once dry, gently scrub it before rinsing. This can provide a smoother complexion and reduce the appearance of spots.
3. Papaya- Papain, an enzyme in the fruit is a natural exfoliant. It not only breaks down the dead skin cells but also removes them revealing a fresher and brighter skin underneath.
It is rich in Vitamin A, C, and E which have antioxidant properties that makes it an ideal remedy to get rid of facial spots quickly. Mash the ripe papaya and apply it as a face mask. Leave it for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off.
4. Turmeric Powder- The curcumin in it can reduce the inflammation and redness related to facial spots. It also inhibits the excess production of melanin which may help in lightening skin discolorations over time. To make a mask mix turmeric with water, yogurt, or honey.
5. Potatoes- Slice a potato and gently rub it on your face focusing on the affected area. Being rich in Vitamin C, it can lead to the lightening of dark spots, which brings out its brightness.
While these natural remedies are known to work, it should be kept in mind that the outcome might vary from person to person. Using these consistently can help relieve all of the symptoms of dark spots that can affect your confidence and overall being.
However, you might also want to include a balanced diet and exercise into the routine.