Metabolism works like it’s the powerhouse of all cells by making it possible for the vast energy needed by the body to become available. You can work at a fast pace by increasing your calorie intake.
Through metabolism, the food we eat is converted into energy that provides the body with sufficient strength and vitality it needs to perform its functions such as breathing, moving, digesting food, circulating blood, and repairing damaged tissues and cells.
It is important to increase your metabolism and you might wonder “How?” This article will take you on a journey to explore ways you can increase your metabolism.
Why Should I Increase My Metabolism?
Increasing your metabolism comes without harm, it can be likened to fastening your seatbelt for safety and prevention of fatality. Your metabolic rate, when increased, is a boost to the body.
Increasing your metabolism will help provide sufficient energy you need to perform every duty, increasing your metabolism will initiate weight loss, and it will help get sound sleep while burning calories. So, it is essential to increase metabolism.
When your metabolism is high, it speeds up the absorption and transportation of micronutrients which in turn leads to more energy. As water metabolism increases too, oedema can be prevented sometimes.
How To Identify A Healthy Metabolism?
When you have a healthy metabolism, the following can be observed:
- Quick recovery from illness: High and healthy metabolism aids in quick recovery and this is made possible through high metabolism and a powered immune system. During the winter months or cold harmattan, it is always common to get colds, if you display milder symptoms and quick recovery, you can be sure that the immune system and metabolism enabled it because they are partially connected. When your metabolism is increased, it boosts energy and helps the immune system work better.
- Reduction of stress: A healthy metabolism generates more energy to increase your heart pumping rate and blood pressure when you are stressed. So, the heart will pump more blood to your brain, heart, and lungs, keeping your heart alert and helping you adapt to the stressors.
- Proper digestion: Microbial metabolism is the secret to gut health. When your metabolism is working accordingly, it will lead to regular digestion. After you eat, you won’t notice gas or bloating and no constipation; this simply means you have a healthy metabolism.
- Sufficient Energy: The main function of metabolism is to provide sufficient energy for cells and the body, so if you can carry out your daily tasks without breaking down, that means your metabolism is healthy.
How To Increase Metabolism?
- Consume More Protein Daily: when you consume food, your metabolism gets high for a specified period of time and this is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). This is triggered by the extra calories needed to digest, absorb, and process the nutrients in your food. Taking protein causes a rise in TEF. Eating more protein can assist in boosting your metabolism and burning more calories.
- Engage In High-Intensity Interval Training: if you can perform this type of exercise, it can increase your metabolism and help you fight off excess fat. Choose what’s best for you to kick start, which might be biking or running.
- Pull Heavy Objects: Pulling or lifting heavy objects can help you build more muscle than fat which aids increase in metabolism. Each day, more fat will be burned, even when you are at rest. Higher amounts of muscle will lead to higher metabolism.
- Ensure Your Night Sleep Is Assured: If you are interested in increasing your metabolism and reducing weight as well, always get enough sleep at night, or if you do shift at night, endeavor to have a good sound sleep during the day. Make sure you sleep enough, specifically eight hours a day!
- Consume A Moderate Amount Of Pepper: pepper is an excellent spice that helps increase metabolism through its compound content called capsaicin. Always include pepper in your meal to help increase metabolism thus leading to weight loss.
Increasing metabolism is a fantastic idea. Your metabolism powers the cells and the body through its vast release of energy. Maintaining a healthy metabolism can help you recover quickly from illnesses, help you reduce stress, and provide sufficient energy you need to carry out your daily activities. Practice the ways to increase your metabolism and feel the benefits of having a healthy and increased metabolism.