Among the challenges faced in one day to day life taking care of one’s body and mind and keeping them healthy is substantial, especially the skin. There are several ways to keep the skin healthy and clear and using a sheet mask is an easy and effective option.
But not all skin masks work for everyone as it depends on one’s specific skin type, hence this article discusses how to pick the right mask for your skin type in simple terms.
Know Your Skin Type First
First and foremost you have to find what specific category of skin you have and its type to use the right mask.
In case of any confusion here are the most common skin types:
- Oily: In this case the skin looks shiny, has larger pores, and is vulnerable to acne or blackheads.
- Dry: With rough skin that feels tight with lines and slight wrinkles these are dry skin.
- Combination: This combines both dry and oily skin with different types in different areas.
- Sensitive: This type of skin responds and is more prone to skin issues and reacts with redness, itching, or irritation.
- Normal: This skin type is well-balanced without being too dry or oily.
Match The Ingredients To Your Needs
The Sheet masks consist of several ingredients, not everything suits your skin and hence it’s necessary to choose the right ingredient or product. There are healthy masks available in the market or could be made by yourself using specific ingredients or a face mask machine.
- Hydrating masks: These are meant for dry skin to moisturize the skin. Look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, or aloe vera for hydrating masks.
- Pore-clearing masks: In case if you struggle with oily skin try these masks with salicylic acid or charcoal. This will help to maintain proper skin.
- Soothing masks: These masks are ideal for sensitive skin types. Find masks with chamomile, calendula, or green tea to soothe your skin.
- Brightening Masks: These masks are a great option to deal with uneven skin tones. These consist of vitamin C, niacinamide, or licorice root extracts.
- Anti-aging masks: To help achieve mature skin masks with retinol, peptides, or collagen is recommended.
Avoid Harmful Ingredients
Always be cautious before using it as there are several masks on the market with harmful chemicals. Beware of natural masks you make at home as you need to follow the right steps to avoid trouble especially if you have sensitive skin. Avoid alcohol and masks with fragrances or parabens for sensitive skin.
Multi-Masking If Necessary
In cases where your skin needs solutions for more than one issue, feel open to using more than one mask on specific areas to tackle the issue. It’s just a personalized idea for skincare.
A patch test is a step you can do when trying on a mask for the first time. Applying a small piece or amount on your skin to ensure it does no harm or causes side effects and adverse reactions is recommended to keep your skin away from even more troubles.
How To apply?
Since you understand how to pick the right sheet mask for your skin and by determining its type, let’s look at how to apply these in the right method.
- First and foremost your face has to be clean before applying a face mask. Remove makeup or any other stuff from your face.
- Open the sheet mask from the pack and slowly unfold it, rushing might tear them.
- Carefully and gently place the mask on your face aligning it right with your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Leave it alone for the recommended time which lasts up to 20 minutes.
- After the given time slowly take it off patting any remaining serum for the face to absorb. Rinesing is only necessary if the pack demands of.
How Often Do You Need To Use It?
It’s not recommended to use a face mask daily but 2-3 times a week at the least. For results sometimes it’s crucial to prefer for more when your skin craves.
Use a Moisturizer
It’s advised to use a moisturizer that you use regularly to keep your skin soft and lock the goodness within.
Follow a Routine
Make sure you do take care and the mask consistently to see the right results. Make this part of your routine.
In a nutshell, picking the right sheet for your skin is about understanding your skin and choosing the right approach to your skincare routine. It’s a way to promote healthy, clear, and soft skin. So ensure you consider these steps to refresh your skin to boost your self-esteem.