As we head towards the end of October we wanted to send a reminder about our Pink Wink program currently running. We continue to donate 1 WINK for each purchased this month to the IGoPink Campaign. This program is part of the American Cancer Societies effort to bring attention to Breast Cancer by providing cancer warriors with Beauty Bags. Often times when you have Chemo and other treatments you lose your lashes and brows so that is where 100% Natural WINK can help. Our proprietary combination of essential fatty acids helps to stimulate resting hair follicles back into a growth phase, helping many to grow new hair while nourishing existing hair allowing for thicker and stronger brows and lashes. We are honored to be part of the recovery process for so many. Women helping women is powerful! Thank you to all of you who have already purchased for helping us to help others.
Helping others is a beautiful thing but if your like me – and other women -sometimes you forget to take care of yourself. We wanted to share a few key facts about Breast Cancer and the importance of early detection.
Breast cancer is the second most common form of cancer in women. The key to beating breast cancer is early detection. Mammograms play a key role in early detection as they can detect changes in the breast that may be early signs of cancer, but are too small or subtle to be felt.
American Cancer Society Recommendations for Early Breast Cancer Detection
- Women should perform self-breast exams monthly starting in their 20’s.
- Women in their 20’s and 30’s should have a clinical breast exam as part of their regular health exam, preferably every 3 years.
- Women age 40 and older should have a screening mammogram every year.
- Women at high risk should get an MRI and a mammogram every year.
Did you know:
- 1 in 8 women is effected by breast cancer.
- This year, an estimated 268,600 women in the United States will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer, and 62,930 women will be diagnosed with in situ breast cancer. An estimated 2,670 men in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Mammograms show changes in the breast up to 2 years before you can feel them.
- 75% of women who develop breast cancer have no family history.
- Most insurance plans cover annual mammograms for women 40+
Gentle Reminders: Thanks for reading! If you want to continue seeing content like this, scroll to the top right, enter in your email and click subscribe. This blog contains affiliate links. Clicking on them or purchasing through them is a great way to say “thank you” for the content!